Had a relatively impromptu stay at The Wordsworth. Booked directly with the hotel, which was effortless. Upon arrival, check-in service was quick and efficient and our room was available earlier than expected. The room was superb, beautifully furnished with amazing views of the mountains and gardens, and a really large comfortable bed. Had champagne afternoon tea served in the bar area, beautifully presented with a nice selection of sandwiches and cakes. Disappointed tea was made with a tea bag, but otherwise would highly recommend. Had pre-dinner drinks and canapés served in the conservatory bar before having dinner in the Signature restaurant, which we felt was very reasonably priced for the quality. The food was enjoyable, there was a good selection and it was nicely presented however, the first three courses were served a little too quickly for our liking, with very little time between each one. Service though was was excellent and a good dining experience. Most people were dressed for dinner but it was disappointing to note that a couple of diners were allowed to eat in the restaurant wearing sportswear (I mean the type worn at track and field events) and very casual lounge wear. Had a nightcap in the bar again excellent service from the gentleman who had served us afternoon tea earlier in the afternoon. Had a great nights rest - very quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was served in the restaurant again with a good selection of quality foods, well presented, enjoyable and served well. A couple of nice touches for us were a small bottle of wine in our room, and a complimentary glass of prosecco before dinner to celebrate a birthday/anniversary. Emphasis at the hotel seems to be on good quality and customer service. Special mentions must be given to the gentlemen from Clitheroe who worked in the Dove bar, the Restaurant Greeter (possibly Manager?) and restaurant serving staff - all worked extremely hard to make our stay an enjoyable one. The only negative part of this stay for us is that it simply wasn't long enough and we look forward to returning again in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere, Lake District