This was my first time at the Wordsworth, although my friends had stayed there before and told me about it. they did not prepare me well enouugh for the actual beautiful location, surounding and setting, it was picture poscard. The service in the hotel was exceptional, I could not fault the excellent food prepared and served like we were royalty. I was told that they were in the process of refurbishing. I don't know what it was like before, but it was very pleasing to me.The views around the hotel were breathtaking and made all the more beautful as the daffodils were in bloom. wish I could transport back there right now. would highly recommend especially for a special treat. Perfect for long walks nearby. Infact the only fault was, I had to leave and return home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere, Lake District