We arrived a couple of minutes before 9pm, late due to the extreme weather and an accident on the motorway. Neither of these were the hotel's fault, of course. After several hours driving, we hoped for a warm welcome. Instead we were told that no food was available after 9pm (we wanted at least to move our luggage) and the person at reception joked that they would allow us to use their microwave if we bought some food at the local shop.
We spent an evening next door in the bar which was very welcoming but we stayed hungry until morning.
We did have a lovely stay in Grasmere but felt rather let down by service - even Basil Fawlty offered to make late arrivals a sandwich.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa provides an iconic destination nestling amongst the towering mountains of the English Lake District. Individually styled, comfortable bedrooms balance tradition with contemporary design with most offering stunning mountain or village views. The fine dining, air conditioned Signature Restaurant provides an award-winning menu whilst the more informal Dove Bistro showcases superb local ingredients cooked with flair and skill. For guests looking to truly pamper themselves the Lakeland Organic Spa (March 2015) offers guests a wide range of luxurious and natural treatments to ensure a fully relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Wordsworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere
- The Wordsworth Hotel Grasmere, Lake District