“Wagoners restaurant”

Price range: US$30 - US$47
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Set within the Macdonald Swan Hotel this AA rosette restaurant offers dinners the chance to relax and unwind with stunning views across the local fells and hotel gardens. Our head chef and his team only use the finest ingredients and it is there passion that shows in each dish. We have a wide selection of wines from around the world which a recommendation can be made by one of our passionate team members Myself and my team look forward to welcoming you to the Swan in the near future Scott Davies Restaurant & Bar Manager
Reviewed 29 June 2014

All in all we enjoyed the food, the dinner bed and breakfast is reasonable value. We ate with our 10 month old and it was refreshing to see a relatively clean high chair. The service was friendly and welcoming, my only gripe was paying for veg which was forgotten and had browning cauliflower, other than that the food was very good. 2 nights in a row is probably a bit much but if you have been travelling and want somewhere convenient I would recommend it.

Scott D, Manager at The Waggoner's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Matthew S

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I regularly share this feed back with the team whether it be positive or constructive
I was pleased to read your review and our head chef sends his apologies about the vegetables.
If you are booked in on the Dinner, Bed & Breakfast package you can either choose to eat in the restaurant and have up to a 3course meal or guests can choose to dine in our walkers bar and have an allowance up to £25 per person if they wish to alternate there dining experience with us.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Swan very soon

Scott Davies

There are newer reviews for The Waggoner's Restaurant

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I dined here at very short notice, but the friendly receptionist was able to find me a table.

The food was truly excellent, displaying a lightness of touch and understanding that would be envied in "posher" restaurants. It was not expensive for the quality of food. Service was pretty good: friendly and observant. It's clearly a hotel restaurant, so the ambience isn't special, but the food was way better than most hotel offerings. I'd go again.

Scott D, Manager at The Waggoner's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear LondonCapulet

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Myself and the team regularly discuss the feed back we receive were it be positive or constructive.
Our Head Chef would like to say thank you for your comments about the food, it is our dedication to serving the finest of ingredients and providing a warm welcome that we feel is the reason so may people want to return year on year.

I look forward to giving you a warm welcome in the near future

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Have stayed at the hotel on several occasions and always with the dinner included. Whilst there is not a large choice the food is varied and always of a high standard.

Dear David S

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Waggoner’s restaurant I regularly share these reviews with the team on a regular basis

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The quality of the food was excellent. The 3 course menu was just right for choice - not too much or too little. The ambience was brilliant and the service was spot on - not over pampered.
A 3 course meal was around £28, but, if you pre-booked, that was reduced to £20. The wine, I thought, was expensive, but I guess that's what goes with 'fine dining'. At the end of the day, it was a treat for us, and we enjoyed the whole experience.
Would I go again?................for sure!

1  Thank Audi_Chris
Reviewed 1 July 2013

lovely staff and good was perfect. Didnt have to wait long for the service. nothing seemed to be too much troble for them.

1  Thank shaw1952