Many people who have judged the hotel commented on the older customers. I would like to say that is why the hotel is so pleasant. As a single traveler I was looking or some peace and quiet. I found all the other guests were friendly and curious as to my travels. The breakfast was nice and I ate once in the dining room. The food was tasty, hearty and traditional. The hotel was very warm and he constant fire in the living area made it very welcoming. My room small but clean and modern. The bathroom immaculate. If I had one criticism it was that he staff were so polite and proper they felt almost cool, but I can't fault them. I have stayed at three hotels in Grasmere, one very boutique and very over priced, another poplar one in the village that was shabby and full of unruly children and dogs and the Gold Rill. When I return next year I will come back to he Gold Rill. I imagine sitting on the patio with a drink in the summer and the peaceful ambience the hotel provides. Thanks to all the staff for a lovely break....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand At Grasmere is a stunning lake district country house hotel in Grasmere with a unique bar & restaurant. Ideally located within its own gardens between Grasmere lake & Grasmere village our cosy rooms feature stunning views over the surround fells or the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Grand at Grasmere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Rill Country House Hotel Grasmere
- Gold Rill Country Hotel
- Gold Rill Country Grasmere
- Grand At Grasmere Lake District