We had a 4 night stay including a weekend and found that the clientele is much more mixed at weekends, which is understandable, and the bar was livelier with some big family groups. Also older people have more money - wish I could have stayed somewhere like this when I was younger but had to make do with the youth hostel. We are in our 70's but do not look too decrepit! After you have got used to the idea that you can't order dinner after 8.15 we found the well organised ritual of a drink with delicious canapes between 7 and 7.30, with a lovely 4 course meal to look forward to, was wonderfully relaxing after a day outdoors. Good food with some dishes outstanding. On the first night we rolled up at 8 having missed the canapes but some were brought to our table. There's no 'queueing'. You don't have to go to your table before 8.30 as long as you've ordered. Spacious bars and lounge, immaculate gardens, views to die for all around the hotel. Not all rooms will have one. Room 31 in the annexe (a converted bungalow) suited us beautifully with its own conservatory looking onto a secluded garden with resident rabbits and glimpses of the hilltops. Staff terrific but with limited English. Never saw the management though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand At Grasmere is a stunning lake district country house hotel in Grasmere with a unique bar & restaurant. Ideally located within its own gardens between Grasmere lake & Grasmere village our cosy rooms feature stunning views over the surround fells or the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand at Grasmere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Rill Country House Hotel Grasmere
- Gold Rill Country Hotel
- Gold Rill Country Grasmere
- Grand At Grasmere Lake District