“A lovely wee spot in the Lake District”
Review of Grasmere Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grasmere
Grasmere Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Grasmere
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I was thrilled when we drove into Grasmere and found the hotel as it is really well situated and quite lovely. We had a bit of a bump in the road when we tried to check in and make arrangements for dinner, but Rob stepped in and very quickly and efficiently had everything started. Everything was up hill from that moment on and I could not fault the hotel in any way! I have a small group tour company and we look for small, unique and comfortable spots around the country the make our tours special. The Grasmere filled the bill in every area and especially with food!
Everyone was thrilled with dinner and the dining room is set up very nicely with an intimate feel although we talked with a few of the couple who were also staying there and it felt very home like. I would have no problem using the hotel again or recommending to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Grasmere Hotel

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I'll start this review by saying that we would happily have paid for the meal, what we paid for our entire stay ! This hotel is one of very few we have stayed in that actually looks like the photos on the internet. There are no clever camera angles making the place look bigger or cosier, It is big and extremely cosy. My husband and I are both over 6ft tall and the bedrooms and bathrooms in this perfect period hotel are much more than average in size, comfort and style. The food is to die for and I'm a fuss ! Perfect service, presentation and really, really good food. I'm glad it rained during our stay, it gave us the perfect opportunity to fully enjoy the atmosphere and relax in this gem of a place. See you next year and Thankyou

Room Tip: We stayed in the DeQuincy, it's huge and beautiful. It overlooks the front of the hotel but it...
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We booked this hotel for a weekend mini break inbetween Christmas & New year . Could not fault a thing, a lovely well situated small hotel , we were even allowed to take our dog along . Will definately return .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stopped for the 3 night Christmas break. Could not fault anything, even the weather was okay.

Warm welcome by Rob, one of the hosts. All the staff are very welcoming. Spotless rooms, comfy beds, bathrooms with underfloor heating, power showers.

The food is excellent, Anton is a brilliant chef. Always willing to accommodate any special needs, nothing is too much trouble.

Comfy lounges, roaring fires, good food and fine wine. All in all an excellent hotel which we would highly recommend. Will be back soon.

2  Thank Babs47NorthYorkshire
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I booked this for a quick treat for my wife and chose this hotel based on other reviews.
I can only agree with what others have said, we received a friendly welcome and tour of the rooms when we arrived, and this attention to detail continued.
I would strongly advise you to book dinner at the same time as booking the room, because £20 is a real bargain. The food is excellent, both the evening meal and breakfast were first class.
We stayed in the Ruskin room and it was clean with a large modern bathroom, it also had a view of the hills beyond the car park and main road.
We will definitely stay again.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My husband booked a relaxing break away at my favourite hotel as a birthday treat. I enjoyed every minute of my stay. The hotel is so cosy and comfortable and the staff are very welcoming also. Rob is a superb host and Anton a brilliant chef. The food was out of this world and after an enjoyable day out walking, it was lovely to return to the hotel and look forward to a sumptuous meal and a lovely bottle of wine. I can not praise this hotel enough and can highly recommend it to people who love the Lake District, good food and wine, and cosy, comfortable surroundings. Rob and Anton and their lovely staff treat all their guests like family, so much so that once you have stayed at the Grasmere, you will want to return again and again. Next time you visit the Lake District, stay at this endearing hotel, you will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely - rooms at the back of the hotel look onto the lovely garden and at the front t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Fabulous hotel, wonderful food, fantastic service, rooms are perfect. everything you could wish for in a first class country house hotel. everything on your doorstep in grasmere and beyond. what a great find will definitely be back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grasmere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
#9 of 14 in Grasmere
The Wordsworth Hotel
The Wordsworth Hotel
#8 of 14 in Grasmere

Been to Grasmere Hotel? Share your experiences!