Grasmere Hotel
Oak Bank Hotel(Grasmere)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa(Grasmere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrob antonlake districtshelley roomco ownernew ownersprevious hotelhigh standardnothing is too much troublefront of housedining roompre dinner drinkson arrivalowners and staffunderfloor heatinglovely gardenexcellent hotelcourse dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2014

What a great find - rated number 1 on tripadvisor & they deserve it. We stayed there for 2 nights with friends in January for a special occasion & could not fault it. The rooms were excellent, recently refurbished & very comfortable - we stayed in rooms Dorothy & Walpole, both excellent. The atmosphere in the hotel was very relaxed & welcoming.
The food was excellent - I mentioned I was coeliac when I booked & I never had to mention it again, they catered for my gluten free diet no problem, offering to adjust any sauces etc, they even had gluten free sausages for me at breakfast, the first restaurant to offer me that!
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone, a bit of luxury after a day walking the fells, & would definitely return

Room Tip: Go on website to see photos to choose your room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 22SS2013
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Everything about our short break at this wonderful country house hotel was absolutely perfect.
We were greeted by John who kindly took our luggage up to our room, which was large and airy well appointed tastefully decorated and spotless.
Coffee, homemade cakes and biscuits were then served in the beautiful guests lounge we sat by the roaring log fire, oh so relaxing.
In the evening canapés were served in the lounge where we had time to select our evening meal from a very tempting and interesting menu along with pre dinner drinks. The food was of the highest quality, tasted divine and presented like a picture on the plate.
Breakfast (if you have room) was extensive and cooked to order. Now being day light we could appreciate the wonderful view over the gardens and down to the river.
Rob and his fantastic team were attentive, friendly, professional but not at all intrusive.
We rarely return to the same hotel but The Grasmere is the exception . On leaving we booked another weekend break.
Do not hesitate, just book you will not be disappointed this is truly a gem in The Lakes

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank linda w
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Excellent accommodation - we occupied three of the rooms and they were all extremely comfortable, cosy and with all amenities. Excellent food - dinner & breakfast, great selection and great quality. Exceptional customer care - we felt very well looked-after.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I booked an afternoon tea as part of my mums special birthday. From my enquiry through to the actual event I cannot fault the hotel and the staff. The table setting was lovely, the food was delicious and it was very reasonably priced... A perfect venue!!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank OzHel
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights between Christmas & New Year. This is the 2nd time I have stayed at the Grasmere Hotel but my husbands first and it was as good as I remembered when I visited with my sister earlier in the year.

We stayed in the De Qunicey room which was spacious, spotlessly clean and very quiet during our stay. The hotel was dressed tastefully with Christmas decorations & the roaring log fires in the lounge give you a welcoming feeling.

Grasmere itself is a busy village and all the shops & restaurants are open during the festive period. However breakfast at the hotel certainly sets you up for the day and the evening meals are as good as any five star restaurant, innovative and beautifully presented in the stylish dining room.

This hotel has a lot of repeat guests so if you are looking to celebrate a special occasion early booking is essential and I'm certain you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family