“We will be back!”
Review of Grasmere Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grasmere
Grasmere Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Grasmere
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We celebrated our first anniversary with a stay at the fabulous Grasmere Hotel, admittedly we were concerned at first as we were in the Wordsworth room on the ground floor, this looked to be near a toilet and the dining room but we did not hear 1 noise, the room was lovely and the bathroom more than suitable, especially the shower which was excellent., the room opens out to the garden which is another reason to stay in this room. We recommend everyone to stay for dinner, the 4 course meal was fantastic, especially the lemon meringue pie with gingerbread topping! After a great nights sleep we went back into the resteraunt for breakfast, again a great choice to be had, I would highly recommend the Cumbrian breakfast. The staff were so friendly and seemed actually interested in us and made us feel very welcome indeed. We will most certainly be back!

Room Tip: Wordsworth room is the one for me
1  Thank Mark O

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed for 5 nights Bed and Breakfast and Dinner. Everything was of a very high standard,food amazing and Management and Staff so very pleasant-nothing too much trouble. We hope to return. A real gem.
ROZO N Ireland

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just returned from two night stay at Grasmere Hotel. From the moment we arrived we felt relaxed and totally chilled out. Anton, Rob and their Team gave us fantastic customer service throughout our stay, perfect attention without being too fussy and they made us feel feel totally relaxed.

The food was excellent and the choice each night was great, the ambience throughout the hotel perfect, we especially liked the garden.

Rob and Anton have paid such attention to detail when refurbishing this hotel, lovely little touches everywhere, tranquil colour schemes throughout, we really didn't want to leave.

I highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be returning.

Lynne and Eileen, Newcastle

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms excellent for elderly people with walk in showers.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CouplefromNewcastle
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was my first visit to this hotel and indeed to The Lakes.

I stayed at The Grasmere Hotel at the end of May 2014 being a gift from my family for my 70th birthday. I was not disappointed. The Hotel is extremely well run by Rob, Anton and their staff and they made me feel most welcome. They cannot do enough to make your stay perfect in every way. The food at breakfast and dinner was excellent both in taste, presentation and also choice of menu. Excellent wine menu and the pudding wine was delicious!! My bedroom was really cozy and my bed was sooo comfortable. The cleanliness, service and location of The Grasmere Hotel is just perfect. I look forward to a return visit and will definately recommend it to anyone.

Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable.

Joan

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 294JoanF
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have just returned from our second visit to the Grasmere Hotel and it was every bit as good as our first visit. Everything is first class from the individually decorated bedrooms to the wonderful food and excellent hosting and staff.
If you are thinking of booking a hotel in Grasmere this is the place to go and thoroughly deserves its position as No One on Trip Advisor

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I have used accommodation in Grasmere on a fair number of occassions over recent years, the majority of our visits being booked into the Rothay Garden Hotel & Spa just down the road from the Grasmere Hotel, thus having walked past this hotel many a time and having read so many favourable Trip Advisor reviews from guests we considered it about time we gave it a go. Booked one night B & B Sunday 01 June (room Beatrix).

We were certainly not disappointed with our decision to stay. In became quickly apparent that this is a very nicely appointed hotel throughout and we found our Beatrix room to be well above average in every respect, being furnished to a high standard, spacious and spotlessly clean so probably fair to assume all the other rooms in the hotel are of an equally high standard. We found the hotel owner and his staff friendly and attentive which in turn projected a general feel that the Grasmere is a happy and well run establishment. My only regret was that our evening commitments prevented my wife and I from sampling dinner in the restaurant which I understand is a highly recommended experience. I can however say that breakfast was excellent and the menu catered for all the usual requirements.

All things considered a very pleasant experience indeed and frankly all the more a mystery to me that this is not categorised as a four star hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sabreliner
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Grasmere hotel for a week in May having stayed a few times before at this and the owners previous hotel in borrowdale . We cannot praise enough the high standard of hospitality , accommodation and food that the hotel offers. From the moment we arrived Rob, Anton and staff made us feel like family friends , having driven 300 miles this can feel so important. The Hotel has been refurbished from top to bottom at great expense and to a very high standard with beautiful rooms and new quality bathrooms.The food is of the highest standard and the presentation second to none, during our stay we witnessed some guests taking photographs of their meals , the standard of presentation being so high. Keep up the good work Rob , Anton and staff -- you are doing everything right. Terry and Norma.

Room Tip: All rooms have been refurbished to a high standard
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TandN2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grasmere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#3 of 20 in Windermere

Been to Grasmere Hotel? Share your experiences!