Four of us spent a couple of nights here just before Christmas. What a great place – highly recommended; we would certainly stay again, especially on a price deal (normal rates look a little expensive).
The hotel was full of Christmas cheer, with loads of decorations around. It was very busy – but the hotel had warned us about this well beforehand (nice touch) so we were well prepared. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we were really impressed with the staff. A more jolly helpful bunch it would be difficult to find. Really made our stay here incredibly pleasant.
Our rooms were smallish but very comfortable and well equipped. Nice bathroom. Although we didn’t eat at in the restaurant we heard good reports and the food in the bar, which we did sample, was good. Breakfasts were more than adequate, with a good choice. Everywhere was busy but this was to be expected at the time of year – staff coped with this really well and we never felt left out. There are large and really pleasant public areas/lounges at the front of the hotel – great for afternoon tea, or a quiet getaway from the bar. We were too busy to sample the pool – but from the pictures it looks fine.
For a hotel in the middle of a small, lovely, lakes village, this is a great place for a short break or a longer stay. It’s right in the heart of Grasemere and couldn’t be better placed, although this brings with it its own problem - the hotel does not have adequate parking arrangements, so if you are going arrive early!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a taste of luxury in the glorious heart of lakeland. Set deep in the heart of Wordsworth country, our privately owned Lake District Hotel, traditionally an historic inn playing host to travellers for centuries, offers you a warm, genuinely hospitable welcome that makes you feel instantly at ease and at home as soon as you step through the door. Idyllically situated right in the centre of Grasmere, with magnificent views of the hills all around, you can enjoy being part of village life one minute and the next, be miles away, with just the fresh Lakeland air and glorious open countryside for company. Here, life is beautiful. As you would expect from the long traditions, our service is friendly and attentive, the atmosphere relaxed and easy where you can enjoy a board game or two in the air-conditioned lounge area or browse the papers, while from the conservatory you can gaze at the ever-changing Lake District landscape. At our luxury Lakeland Hotel we provide you with all you could wish for - richly furnished, beautifully appointed bedrooms, an excellent choice of food, a gorgeous indoor heated pool with spa bath, steam room, sauna and fitness room. For centuries the hotel has been a haven for travellers, with tasty fare, great ales and warm hospitality. Today we pride ourselves in offering traditional food in harmony with modern cooking. Enjoy a cosy and relaxing atmosphere in the snug Lamb Inn with a pint of hand-pulled traditional beer and a tasty bar meal to satisfy even the heartiest of appetites. Dine in splendor in our 1769 Restaurant with our table d'hote dinner menu offered every evening, where the menu is depicted by the seasons and the fresh produce available. Our Chef will cater for any dietary requirements and is always happy to cook your favourite dishes (with a little notice of course). The Easedale Bar, The Glass House Conservatory and Helvellyn Lounge offer a comfortable spot to watch the world go by, enjoy a scrumptious snack at lunchtime or a spot of afternoon tea. We provide you with all you could wish for. Richly furnished, beautifully appointed rooms in which to unwind, most with sparkling spa baths to ease tired limbs after a wonderful day's walk. And friendly service to bring you a refreshment, while you drink in the Lakeland panorama. All rooms have en-suite facilities, television with satellite channels, wi-fi, CD player, ipod docking station, a welcome refreshment tray, direct dial telephone, hairdryer and trouser press. Our Club rooms feature separate comfy seating areas with television, bathrobes, slippers, complimentary bottled water and daily newspaper. The view from these rooms is of the village and the lush green fields beyond. Some of our rooms enjoy small balconies where you can sit and enjoy a relaxing drink, read a book or simply take in the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Inn at Grasmere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Grasmere
- Best Western Grasmere Hotel
- Grasmere Best Western
- Grasmere Red Lion
- The Inn At Grasmere Lake District