We very much enjoyed our three night stay at the Red Lion this week. The location is lovely in the centre of Grasmere. We found a parking space, otherwise you need to ask reception for help. The restaurant food was so good we ate there every night. There was a different menu every night with a good choice and the restaurant staff were very friendly. We were planning to eat in the Lamb Inn on the last afternoon as the food looked really good but the rain was so heavy we set off home early. We had a drink there every day though, good selection of beers. The day before we walked on Helm Crag in gale, rain and hale with our boots filled with water. We did not ask about a drying room but a previous reviewer mentioned that there was a drying room.
Breakfast is excellent, with fresh fruit, yogurts, ham etc and whatever one wants from the grill. We ask everywhere for 'well done' food.
The lounge is comfortable and with a good atmosphere so any faults in carpets or furnishing goes unnoticed.
I gave it a rating of 4 because my first impression was not good. I had to decline the first room offered but luckily we were offered another which was OK. The carpet did not reach the wall which was a real shame as it spoiled the otherwise good room.
I felt that if we paid the normal rate I would have been disappointed with a room not yet refurbished but the rate we paid through Travel Zoo made it excellent value and we would like to return, despite the almost constant rain - with our waterproof socks inside our waterproof boots next time.
Es akit ez vonz esetleg, magyarul beszelo pincerek is vannak!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a taste of luxury in the glorious heart of lakeland. Set deep in the heart of Wordsworth country, our privately owned Lake District Hotel, traditionally an historic inn playing host to travellers for centuries, offers you a warm, genuinely hospitable welcome that makes you feel instantly at ease and at home as soon as you step through the door. Idyllically situated right in the centre of Grasmere, with magnificent views of the hills all around, you can enjoy being part of village life one minute and the next, be miles away, with just the fresh Lakeland air and glorious open countryside for company. Here, life is beautiful. As you would expect from the long traditions, our service is friendly and attentive, the atmosphere relaxed and easy where you can enjoy a board game or two in the air-conditioned lounge area or browse the papers, while from the conservatory you can gaze at the ever-changing Lake District landscape. At our luxury Lakeland Hotel we provide you with all you could wish for - richly furnished, beautifully appointed bedrooms, an excellent choice of food, a gorgeous indoor heated pool with spa bath, steam room, sauna and fitness room. For centuries the hotel has been a haven for travellers, with tasty fare, great ales and warm hospitality. Today we pride ourselves in offering traditional food in harmony with modern cooking. Enjoy a cosy and relaxing atmosphere in the snug Lamb Inn with a pint of hand-pulled traditional beer and a tasty bar meal to satisfy even the heartiest of appetites. Dine in splendor in our 1769 Restaurant with our table d'hote dinner menu offered every evening, where the menu is depicted by the seasons and the fresh produce available. Our Chef will cater for any dietary requirements and is always happy to cook your favourite dishes (with a little notice of course). The Easedale Bar, The Glass House Conservatory and Helvellyn Lounge offer a comfortable spot to watch the world go by, enjoy a scrumptious snack at lunchtime or a spot of afternoon tea. We provide you with all you could wish for. Richly furnished, beautifully appointed rooms in which to unwind, most with sparkling spa baths to ease tired limbs after a wonderful day's walk. And friendly service to bring you a refreshment, while you drink in the Lakeland panorama. All rooms have en-suite facilities, television with satellite channels, wi-fi, CD player, ipod docking station, a welcome refreshment tray, direct dial telephone, hairdryer and trouser press. Our Club rooms feature separate comfy seating areas with television, bathrobes, slippers, complimentary bottled water and daily newspaper. The view from these rooms is of the village and the lush green fields beyond. Some of our rooms enjoy small balconies where you can sit and enjoy a relaxing drink, read a book or simply take in the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Inn at Grasmere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Grasmere
- Best Western Grasmere Hotel
- Grasmere Best Western
- Grasmere Red Lion
- The Inn At Grasmere Lake District