“Outstanding”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We ate here three times as food and service as it should be - Booked a table for the first and last night of our weeks stay in this great Lakeland village - Prompt attentive service - Nice cold beer a must after walking the surrounding fells.
We had anti pasta and shared a pizza while Mrs H had a pud with daughter - A worth while visit and we will go again if in Grasmere - Superb all round

• Visited August 2013

Gateshead, United Kingdom
“A nice change”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

There are many eating places in Grasmere and we have eaten at just about all of them so competition for your custom is fierce. Just finishing a walk up Loughrigg Terrace we came accross Potted Out and were impressed not only by the board outside but the cyclamen in a pot on every table outside. As my wife and I were eating out later we shared a brie panini which came accompanied with a beetroot chutney. The panini was warmed up just right and the brie was packed in lettuce with a side dish of salad finely chopped and drizzled. The plate was very well presented by a smartly dressed waiter (no offence as he might have been the owner) who also provided two plates. The meal came with a pot of tea. Not very exciting I know but the meal itself was worth the price at £12 odd. The place is also open until 8.30 and has a good selection of meals plus a selective wine list which we found to be a bit pricey but acceptable if for a special occasion. Place was spotless throughout and well worth a visit.

Sunderland
“FAB U LOUS - Love this little gem!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

While staying at The Daffodil Hotel in Grasmere we sadly found the hotel menu a tad boring and for four nights too repetitive as it didn't change. We spotted Potted Out during the day (within walking distance of any accommodation in Grasmere) - and noticed that it was open until 8.30 pm each day so returned at night and what a good decision that was. There's plenty of choice with daily specials too and the food was beautiful, perfectly cooked, presented and delicious and we were well looked after too - attentive but not pestering. Each dish has a slight twist which was a nice change from the same dishes tried elsewhere (gherkins in the ham hock penne and walnuts in the crumble topping). Prices were a bit more than we're used to paying at home but seemed in comparison with the rest of the Lake District and when you're receiving quality a few extra pennies are well worth it in my opinion. Potted Out is licenced too so wine/beer etc. with your meal made it all perfect. We also received a complimentary Limoncello on our last night too - yum yum

“Lovely place”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I popped in for a quick cuppa and the place was lovely. Highly recommend!! We didnt have a meal but snacked on some homemade chips which were lovely.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best burger I have ever had this side of the Atlantic”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My colleague and I took a party of students to visit Dove Cottage on a cold and damp October Saturday. My friend had a very sore throat and I hadn't eaten since 6am so I was looking for something substantial while she simply wanted a coffee. We were well taken care of and the burger that I had was the most tasty I have enjoyed in the UK. The burger was handmade and cooked perfectly - not overdone - and presented in a ciabatta role with garlic. The chips were delicious too. It was a bit pricey, but totally worth it. It was obvious good at catering for all kinds of parties including kids who enjoyed the milkshakes. A decent selection of drinks as well.

• Visited October 2013