“One of the best Italian meals I have ever had!!”
Review of Potted Out Cafe

Potted Out Cafe
Ranked #8 of 45 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
“One of the best Italian meals I have ever had!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The food was fantastic and excellent value for money, Decoration was lovely and food come out very quickly. the only downside was the waiter could have been a little more friendly!
there was a group of 4 of us and we were all amazed at the flavours in our food.

If i get the chance to come back to Grasmere i will be sure to come back.

• Visited June 2014

Cheshire
“A lovely little Cafe Bistro”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stopped in for a drink and a quick lunch and was surprised. I had the salmon sandwich which was delicious. The scones were very large and good also. Good service. Clean. I wasn't overly struck on the menu, needed more choice.

But a very good find and would definitely return if in the area.

Helsby, United Kingdom
“Great scones, mixed service, Good and bad.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

On entering I asked the waiter at the counter if we could move two chairs to make a table of 4. he smiled and said yes. Then another waiter who was hovering said sorry there are no tables. I explained and he said ok.
We ordered tea/ coffee and scones and carrot cake. The Hungarian waiter was very friendly and we chatted as he served great food and drinks. he would have made a much better job of welcoming customers in to the establishment, than the person on duty on Saturday. Nice café nice décor, everything good with the exception of one surly waiter.

• Visited June 2014
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Food ranges from good to excellent in this likeable bistro”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I ate here alone for a very early dinner after a tiring day driving to the Lakes.
Potted Out had been recommended to me by my sister and she did not err. I have also reviewed the comparable and nearby Goody Blake's and, whilst both venues are worth a try if you're in Grasmere for a while, Potted Out wins my vote, with superior food and substantially better value.
The restaurant is airy, tasteful and homelike. The service is friendly and attentive.
My starter of pressed pork neck with homemade black pudding was absolutely wonderful and my main course of Gnocchi carbonara was also very good.
Many other items on the substantial menu also looked very tempting and this would be my first choice when visiting Grasmere again - a feeling reinforced by the extremely reasonable bill!
Very much recommended.

Driffield, United Kingdom
“Mid Walk Lunch”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stopped off during a walk from Ambleside, and had a very pleasant lunch. We both decided on the sharing platters which was very good. Plenty of fresh warm bread to go with the meats and salad. Had a slice of lemon cake which, although a bit dry was tasty. Washed down with a hot cup of tea provided in a pot. Staff very quick to serve and very attentive. Good value !