“Fantastic Food”

Courtyard Restaurant at Red Lion Hotel
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Food and service is flawless in the restaurant, lovely selection of locally sourced produce - well worth the money! Will definitely return!

Visited February 2014
ChrisManager, General Manager at Courtyard Restaurant at Red Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the great feedback. It is very rewarding for the team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Chris & Team

Bolton UK
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Couldn't ask for anymore on half board. Also catered for vegetarians which you don't often see. We where spoilt for choice!

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the great feedback. It is very rewarding for the team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Chris & Team
Rome, Italy
“A good tradition hotel serving honest food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Each dish that we had was very enjoyable and served by very pleasant staff. I would most certainly return for dinner again. Thank you kindly.

Durham
“A Tale of Two Salmons”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Not sure whether to give it a very good review or a very bad one. Here's my dilemma .......
Visited the restaurant on Sunday 3rd November with my husband while staying at a nearby hotel in Grasmere. First impressions were good, clean and bright with a nice friendly atmosphere. I ordered the salmon steak from the "specials" board and my husband had the haddock and chips from the main menu. Both were well presented, well cooked and delicious.
Because of our good experience that night we decided to return the following evening (Monday 4th). The restaurant was quiet and we placed our order. After enjoying the salmon the previous night I decided to order it again. Uh OH ... Bad choice. When it came the presentation fell well short of the previous evening but, hey, it's all about the taste isn't it. I took one bite of the salmon and found it was still raw in the middle and I mean raw. I quietly pointed it out to the waiter who apologised and arranged to bring me another. The replacement soon arrived but to my dismay I pulled it apart with my fork to find that one raw too. I was quite upset by now, not to mention starving and just wanted to leave. My husband took the dish back and we were given a refund. In hindsight I'm assuming it must have been the chef's night off. Will we go back ? Hmmm doubt it.

• Visited November 2013
Tamworth, staffs Uk
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Pub atmosphere, delicious food, good ales. Walking distance from B&B. Families and dogs were welcome too.

Visited October 2013