“Evening in Grasmere”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I booked into the Red Lion of which this restaurant is one of two in the hotel. I was on my way to Scotland for a holiday so I spent one night including dinner. The Courtyard has a pleasant ambience. The service was efficient and polite and could not be faulted on my visit. There was an adequate choice on the set menu and I was very satisfied with all the food and its presentation.
I will make a return visit.

1  Thank Gerry C

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Only had breakfast. Great choice. Freshly cooked full English options (you choose what you want). Service is FANTASTIC. There are lots of waiters - all very friendly and helpful. Even plated up a cooked breakfast for my other half who was still in bed.

1  Thank Emma_C886
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The food in the restaurant was from the al a carte menu which was five courses for a set price. The food was excellent the portions just the right size. The service was great the waiters were attentive but not overpowering.
We enjoyed it so much we ate there 2 out of 3 nights.

2  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If you want a degustation meal in a restaurant where the service suffers from waiting staff with a poor command of English, this is the place for you. We arrived without knowing about the lack of choice, the restaurant ambience was unappealing - artificially 'stuffy' - and the service poor because of communication problems. I would not recommend this place at all.

1  Thank Margot349
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great quality food with plenty of choice, fantastic value, amazing service and a lovely and relaxed environment!

2  Thank MrsJosieD
ChrisManager, General Manager at Courtyard Restaurant at Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the great feedback. It is very rewarding for the team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards