I've just spent a wonderful week at Lancrigg and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. First of all is the location; it couldn't be more perfect, right at the foot of Helm Crag and overlooking beautiful countryside. It is incredibly peaceful, having no through traffic and no streetlights. Then there is the food - fantastic, healthy and very tasty. I expected to get a set menu, as I was staying half board, but I got to choose from the al a carte, so there were around seven starter and main courses and every one of them delicious. It made such a difference to eat homemade, fresh, organic and nutritious food every day. I stayed in Nightingale, which was the perfect size room for me - my room was clean and cosy and I'm missing the lovely deep bath already! There was no shortage of very hot water, the room had tea/coffee making facilities as well as a TV with a DVD and video included. I had lovely clean towels and in answer to the critics re room cleaning - there is a sign that you can leave on the door saying that you're out on the fells, so please clean the room, so my room was serviced when I felt it needed to be. The rest of the hotel is gorgeous - lovely 'chill out' lounge with big soft settees, with a marvellous vista, and very nice dining room. Last but certainly not least, everyone made me feel very welcome - I spent some time chatting with Rob about recipes (please send me the Cauliflower and Brocolli soup one!) and Nikki, Anita and Marta couldn't have been more helpful - it's apparent that everyone works very hard to make sure guests are looked after. I came away from my holiday feeling thoroughly relaxed and healthy. Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District