I found Lancrigg on Trip Advisor whilst planning a trip to Grasmere and being a Vegetarian I couldn't not try it. I was staying in another hotel in the Grasmere area, so this review is for the restaurant only. My mother and I enjoyed a leisurely stroll to Lancrigg (about 15mins walk from the centre) after being advised by a local person that there was no need to travel by car. When we arrived we thought the location was beautiful and we were greeted by Rob at the front door who was ever so welcoming and friendly, as were all the staff. Once in the restaurant the menu was extensive with plenty of choice of mains, starters and desserts. It was so difficult to choose! When each course arrived I was in veggie heaven! The servings were plentiful and cooked to perfection. My mother is not a veggie but she was amazed by the way that Lancrigg made veggie food appetising to the eye and the palate. Afterwards you feel nurtured and wholesome. When we were preparing to leave, Rob kindly offered to drive us back down to the town as the night had drawn in and we had foolishly walked without a torch (there is no street lighting on the road up to Lancrigg), we were ever so thankful! I enjoyed my time at Lancrigg so much I'm planning another trip to Grasmere and I will ensure I pay another visit. A massive thank you once again to Rob and all his staff for such wonderful food, hospitality and going that extra mile and taking us back to our hotel safely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District