We spent a long weekend in this lovely country house hotel and spent time wandering in the magnificent grounds. The owners are ever present and so helpful. They guided us to walks which were just right for our needs and we returned to enjoy the wonderfully varied vegetarian meals. Healthy varied and visually pleasing dishes were presented at every meal.
We would thoroughly recommend this hotel, even if you are not vegetarian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District