The service was perfect, the staff were really friendly and bubbly. The food was extremely tasty and very filling. Location wise is perfect just a short walk to the local village. The only dissapointment was with the room, the double bed was just two singles pushed together and the room was slightly on the smaller side. Having spoken to other guests it was apparent that all the rooms varied so this would be debatable on the room you were given.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg Hotel is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale, 1/2 mile from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to residents and non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available and a lunch menu served from 12pm until 4:30pm. The restaurant is available from 6pm to 9pm, booking is reccomended. The Lancrigg is currently a vegetarian Hotel (vegan option available), however we are currently undergoing renovation to offer a flexitarian menu(still vegetarian but with fish and meat available) and a fully stocked bar will be following soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District