We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Lancrigg hotel.....a great location in Grasmere set in beautiful grounds with great walks on the doorstep...Easdale tarn, Silver Howe, Helm crag. Our room, "The Dickens” was comfortable and the whirlpool bath was an added treat after an afternoon walking. The meals were delicious and my husband who is not vegetarian enjoyed every morsel his favourite being the mushroom and Brazil nut roulade. The staff was very friendly and attentive at all times. The whole experience was of peace and tranquillity just what we needed after a busy run up to Christmas. Thanks again and we will be revisiting Lancrigg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District