We stayed here for 2 nights recently, with a special offer deal that represented very good value. (1) Accommodation - Our room (Azalea) was very nice indeed - spacious, comfortable, bright and very quiet & peaceful. There is a small "terrace", or outside sitting area, to the one side, which would be wonderful in warmer weather. The bed was kingsize and exceptionally comfortable - we had 2 wonderful nights' sleep. A few small criticisms - I would expect to have biscuits to accompany my morning tea (I very rarely stay anywhere where biscuits are not provided). Boxes of tissues are also usually available in high-end establishments such as this. Finally, although the "spa" bath was fantastic, and there was plenty of hot water, the shower area over the bath was cramped by the less-than-pristine curtain.
The guest lounge is a joy - with wonderful log fire and comfortable sofas. Very relaxing in the evening.
(2) Location - The location is superb, with wonderful walks right on the doorstep - e.g. Easedale Tarn or Helm Crag, and just a short walk into Grasmere, partly on a very pleasant footpath (a permissive path).
(3) General - Food and Service - Breakfasts were very good indeed, with excellent choice of cooked dishes or various delicious breads, cereals with fruit, croissants, all interesting and tasty. We found the evening meals (main courses) to be rather too "hearty" and lacking in refinement, although the choice was varied. The service overall, although perfectly pleasant and efficient (and very good in the restaurant), was somewhat impersonal and did not meet expectations of a warm Lakeland welcome by the owners of the establishment. This was a disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District