We really enjoyed our restful three night stay at Lancrigg and will definitely come again! We arrived in snow, quickly followed by sunny weather which created a really beautiful landscape to walk in - though very soggy underfoot! After a wonderful breakfast, it was great to be able to walk directly from the hotel and quickly feel surrounded by the hills. We also unexpectedly saw a wild roe deer roaming the hotel woods. We particularly loved having these views from the bay window in our room - The John Richardson Room (ground floor room with its own private external door - so useful).
The room was very spacious and therefore needing an extra heater and blankets - which we were happily given - but then it was February with snow! The roll top bath gave plenty of hot water, quickly filling the bath and the connecting shower had good pressure . A lovely addition were the locally handmade, chemical free toiletries that were provided. Also within the room, were tea making facilities with a range of teas and coffee, refreshed daily.
The restaurant food was excellent (delicious and well presented) with a variety of choices with each course.
The lounge, with the log fire, was extremely cosy and a pleasant place to sit and meet other guests.
The staff were all friendly and helpful, making us feel very welcome throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District