On navigating the narrow track up the hill to Lancrigg, we were greeted by a stunning looking old country house, nestled in its own grounds with beautiful views out over the Lake District countryside. Our rooms were nicely furnished and cosy, with clean bathrooms and very high quality toiletries. A short stroll towards the cragg before it got dark was enough to show us the true beauty of the surroundings here and work up an appetite for dinner...
And what a dinner! In the lovely relaxing dining room, we enjoyed an unrushed three-course vegetarian meal of the very highest standard. As others have described in reviews here, the food is top notch and some of the finest vegetarian fare we have experienced anywhere in the world.
The isolated location meant a very comfortable and quiet night's sleep and we only had time for a short early morning walk the following day before the filling and varied breakfast saw us ready to leave Lancrigg to journey on. We left here feeling that we'd experienced somewhere very special indeed - and we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg Hotel is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale, 1/2 mile from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Kitchen at Lancrigg is open throughout the day for coffees and meals. The food is imaginative and freshly prepared with daily specials ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District