After staying three nights in Elterwater we spent a night at the Lancrigg. It was a very different experience.The room could do with an upgrade but the views were absolutely wonderful. A couple of chairs in front of the window would have been good too. Dinner was lovely and I can certainly recommend the polenta pancakes with beans. The very berry sundae was also well received. My partner had the green Thai curry which she was not so impressed with.The bed was very comfortable and to wake up to the views was lovely. However the time it took to get breakfast was 40 minutes which would have been more frustrating if we were in a hurry to go walking that day. Potentially more staff needed for a busy weekend?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg Hotel is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale, 1/2 mile from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Kitchen at Lancrigg is open throughout the day for coffees and meals. The food is imaginative and freshly prepared with daily specials ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District