This place is superb, a wonderful peaceful location . It's great for walking in the hills and mountains with Helm Crag nearby. You have 2 options , the hotel or the B and B nearby. We opted for the B and B , Kitty Crag which is lovely. We had a short stroll through the woods every day to the hotel to eat . The food is veggie and vegan and its excellent. They also have a great variety of vegan beers. The staff were so helpful, it felt like we had become one of the family.
Whether you are veggie or not this is a great place to eat and it's open to non residents.
We will definitely be going back its the best hotel in the lakes by miles !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District