Lancrigg offers all the idiosyncratic and faintly eccentric pleasures of a Victorian retreat in the Lake District -- bow windows, lace curtains, chandeliers, pot-plants, fires, miscellaneous framed watercolours and embroideries -- combined with all that is needful for the modern weary -- bookcases, sofas, games, massage, tea, good food and wine, and above all, profound peace and quiet. The views are spectacular, the walking is excellent, and the grounds are romantic, extensive, and packed with literary association. The staff will give you a flask of tea and a packed lunch for your day out, discuss maps, walks, and cater to any nutritional needs (we're omnivores, as it happens, but others are not). Supper is pleasant, peaceful, in subdued lighting, and timed to a slot of your choice. Other guests are typically blessedly quiet and discreet. The only thing I wanted extra was a hotwater bottle to fill up myself -- and only because I was cold and exhausted with travelling. Take a swimsuit if you want to take advantage of their arrangement with the local spa. Take a torch if you're going to be out in Grasmere village after dark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District