We have just returned from 5 days staying in this wonderful hotel. As vegans we were well catered for with delicious food. The whole hotel is steeped in history and the decor is superb, bringing to life a romantic bygone era when Wordsworth was a frequent visitor to the hotel.Just the right blend of elegance and quirkiness The peace and quiet was a balm to the soul, surrounded by 30 acres of gardens and the only sound was birdsong and frogs croaking. The staff were delightful and very friendly. To find a place like this that serves fantastic vegan food, AND allowed our little dog to come too is amazing - we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District