Three letters to sum up my stay - WOW. What a lovely place to visit for a break in the summer, we could have easily extended our stay had they had space to allow us to do so – instead we’ll be back for another visit!
The hotel was comfortable during our stay in June and we left the visit feeling recharged after many great walks – Rob the owner knows many walks and had an abundance of information about the area.
They offer tea, cakes and more for walkers passing by, or in our instance when we returned from a long walk. If the weather is good, which it was for us, sitting out on the lawn smelling the lovely clean air is something not to miss (the cakes also hit the spot!). The food is fantastic with a good all-rounded menu - I'd come here even if I wasn't staying at Lancrigg.
The location is spectacular and being able to walk from the hotel straight out onto the mountains is something I really look for. We stayed in the Silver Howe room which has a breathtaking view.
We have also been fortunate to experience Christmas at Lancrigg which is a very social affair with many opportunities to make friends with other guests, and with some of the best vegetarian feasts I've ever experienced. The hotel, although heavy with snow outside, was beautifully warm with a gorgeous fireplace in the lounge for us to sit around have a hot toddy or two!
The staff were really helpful and happy to attend to our needs. Our room was lovely and airy, and the hotel appeared to be cleaned to a generally high standard - it is quite an old building so it must take some effort to keep clean with all the nook and cranny’s around. In a nutshell, this place is well worth the visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale, 800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which opens from 8:30am for breakfast and serves a classic lunch menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 6:30pm. The Lancrigg restaurant offers a fantastic a la carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. booking is recommended. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District