Honeymooned here earlier in the week, couldn't have picked a better spot!!
Found the place fine, set back just outside Grasmere village in an incredibly beautiful valley. Keswick and Ambleside located only a few miles away. The rooms were comfortable, well presented and very clean. Staff were very helpful and saw to our every need. The food was superb, really high end vegetarian/vegan cooking. Lots of history in the place, which you can read up on in the welcome guide and then further so in the many books in the drawing room. There are a lot of walks in the area ranging from a few minutes to a few hours, just ask the staff or consult the welcome guide again! My wife and I had a very relaxing, quiet stay and will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale, 800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which opens from 8:30am for breakfast and serves a classic lunch menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 6:30pm. The Lancrigg restaurant offers a fantastic a la carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. booking is recommended. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District