We have stayed in this hotel for six nights. All the rooms in Lancrigg are individually decorated and some have stunning views on the valley. There is a cozy lounge with log fire and a beautiful dining room, both with views on the valley. The hotel staff is very kind and thoughtful and they will do anything to make your stay as pleasant as can be. We have very fond memories of the time we arrived in the hotel after a long walk outside in the cold. The log fire was just put on and we enjoyed our really nice hot chocolate while warming up by the fire.
The Green Valley restaurant is part of the small hotel Lancrigg, but it’s open for everyone. Before we arrived we thought about having some dinners outdoors, but after seeing (and eating) we decided to stay there for dinner every evening. It was so hard to choose what to eat, that we needed all of our evenings to try it all, anyway. All of the dishes are fabulous!
The dishes are vegetarian, but most of them are also suitable for vegans (or can be adjusted). They have a great selection of vegetarian organic wines and also organic liqueurs.
We will definitely return here for another holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lancrigg is set in the totally peaceful and picturesque valley of Easedale,800 meters walk from Grasmere. The accommodation is comfortable and relaxing and makes a truly wonderful escape from a busy world. The house has many connections with past and present writers, artists and musicians. The Lancrigg is open to non-residents with a fantastic variety of refreshments available from both the restaurant and The Poets cafe bar which serves a classic bar menu from 11am till late. The restaurant is available from 12pm to 11pm (last food orders 8:30pm), booking is recommended. The Lancrigg restaurant offers up a 4 or a 5 course al a carte menu or alternatively an 8 course tasting menu. In order to preserve The vegetarian history at Lancrigg we have a full vegetarian menu offering both ala carte and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lancrigg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Hotel
- Lancrigg Vegetarian Country Grasmere
- The Lancrigg Hotel Grasmere, Lake District