The Daffodil Hotel & Spa
  • Restaurant
US$126
US$132
2,014 results
All reviewsa lake view roomsenior suiteafternoon teamud rasulsteam roommolton brown toiletrieslake districtsitting roombuffet stylebeautiful hotelseparate showerhuge beddove cottagereception arearestaurant managerhigh standardbirthday treat
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed for one night over the weekend, ate dinner and breakfast there and I think we would return. But...firstly, at dinner we ordered a bottle of Australian Shiraz which I happened to notice was a 2008, we were given a French bottle of the same year, much cheaper, now without wishing to offend our near neighbours acorss the channel, there is a reason I ordered Aus wine - anyway it was sorted out with many apologies but it does make you wonder. In our bathroom, when you ran the basin tap, the light went off, a bit worrying. Then there was a fire alarm at about 10:30 at night, we had just got dressed went it went off again. I rang reception but couldn't get an answer, there was no announcement or apology. But these are fairly minor things. On the positive side, we loved the bed, the decor, the ultra-modern and clean bathroom, the location and Laszlo, the waiter who looked after us so well, and with such a friendly nature. He is something special and compensated for the other staff who didn't look bothered. Lastly, I wonder why the hotel doesn't reply to some of these postings - maybe the management aren't all that bothered either, which would be a shame because this hotel could be fabulous.

Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

I have just returned from a KGB deal for two days here. We arrived around 6pm so was too late to use the spa so walked into Grasmere.
There was a few nice bars and other hotels.
The hotel room was very spacious, with a large comfortable bed. We had a view of the road and of the lake, so can't complain either
Breakfast was buffet which was fine. We ate the night after in the resteraunt. This was expensive but nice all the same.
The hotel was very modernised and a gorgeous large building with plenty of parking spaces. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Overall this was a lovely hotel and I would stay here again. The spa is definatley worth a try. Can't fault this at all.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We have recently stayed at the new Daffodil Hotel in Grasmere. I would like to comment on some
of the points from previous reviewers. Yes it is an ultra modern spacious hotel, but sadly it
lacks atmosphere and ambience, it is featureless and unwelcoming . There is a beautiful baby grand piano in reception which plays CDs, it would have been a nice touch to have gentle background music playing, when I asked about this I just got a surprised look and a shrug of the shoulders. The bedrooms are lovely with a very comfortable bed,
but the wardrobe was tiny and a small table would be a nice touch. Where would guests
put their muddy boots and wet clothing ? there is nowhere in the bedroom and I would hate
to spoil the beautiful carpets. As one reviewer said the lounge certainly lacks atmosphere,it is huge and the bench like settees are in rows by the wall - very strange. The cartoon pictures
lining the walls are quite amusing, but perhaps not to everyones taste. The staff were
professional, pleasant and helpful. The food in the evening was good, the buffet breakfast was OK
And the spa was beautiful. It will obviously take some time and money to sort out the grounds .
Would we return or recommend the hotel, I don't think so, its very expensive and there are
lots more hotels in the Lake District which have more character and are more welcoming.
PS why are all the lights left on in the bedroom and bathroom when the staff have been in
cleaning the room ? Also the unsightly buildings which are next to the road and obscure the
view of the hotel need to be demolished sooner rather than later.

2  Thank sheilaann34
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My sister and I booked ourselves in for a much needed treatment and spa experience. Having gone to many a spa, we were both completely underwhelmed by the experience. There is no doubt that the spa itself is impressive, however, it really lacks the small detail and special treatment. We both had booked in for the tailored massage, and I would describe the treatment as just okay. However, after our massage, we were both told to get dressed again!!! This is not great when you are covered in oil, I asked for a robe, but apparently as day paying customers, this was not part of the package. So no robe, no slippers, meant we couldn't really use the lovely relaxing area after our treatments and chill out. We paid extra money to use the spa facilities, which were lovely, but limited to the hydro pool, steam room and sauna, so our planned afternoon of chilling, turned into just one hour. There were no bags for your wet costumes and nowhere to put your used towels. The customer service was poor and we certainly weren't made to feel special or relaxed during our time. Upon leaving there was no-one around, so nobody checking if we had enjoyed our time at the spa. It is such a shame, as its a great location and has real potential. My friends and I regularly attend spa weekends and this is really one I would not recommend and won't be back. I cannot comment on the hotel itself as we did not stay, but wouldn't recommend it for a ladies spa weekend - you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2012

If you like ultra modern, spacious rooms and great views, you'll love this. Most hotels and guesthouses in the Lakes cater for those who like old world country charm and chintz, 4 poster etc, so I was glad to find this hotel.

Everything was absolutely spotless. Rooms were of an excellent standard, with the MOST COMFORTABLE bed I have ever slept in. The power shower was amazing compared to so many low pressure guesthouses/hotels I have recently stayed in! Previous reviews mention dim rooms but that is not the case - the hotel uses power saving bulbs which take a little bit of time to get bright.

Breakfast was good, although I have to say on both mornings the scrambled eggs were really poor, overcooked pellets of egg in cream from the buffet. The restaurant food in the evening was good, prices average in line with rest of Grasmere, around £15 for a main course..

The Spa was also, here we go...Amazing! Clean and well organised, there was a menthol steam room, sauna and large thermal pool. Didn't try the treatments.

Would definitely like to stay here again. Conveniently located 3 minute walk to centre of Grasmere village. Staff were very professional and pleasant, special mention to Sarah on reservations/reception who was so helpful. This place is luxury in the lakes...

Room Tip: Each floor has their own colour scheme for the bedrooms. All rooms on either 1st, 2nd or 3rd floors.
1  Thank H0w_it_is