“2 Day mini break”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Grasmere
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“2 Day mini break”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What can we say, but outstanding service from all the very friendly staff, Nothing was to much trouble, Booked by my wife for a surprise 50th Birthday and we both really enjoyed our stay at the Daffodil Hotel,It is very very clean and I mean spotless.Modern comfortable just what you would expect.
Now the food was one of the best full English breakfasts I have ever had. The evening meal was outstanding. We will definitely return for nights for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed as an early Valetine's getaway - loved every minute. All the staff were really helpful, friendly and nothing was ever too much to ask. The senior suite was very spacious, huge comfortable bed, massive bathroom and comfortable lounge chairs with a big television. Our evening meal in the restaurant was amazing. Service was fab, lots on the menu and the food was to die for! Breakfast was beautiful and we finished off our stay with a relaxing mud spa. An overall fab experience!!

Room Tip: Senior suite on top floor looking onto the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cumbria
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed Friday and Saturday nights. Arrived for afternoon tea which was sparse missing some items that were on the menu, not the experience of friends who also had the luxury afternoon tea a week later. Room very nice, large for standard room. Spa nice but no gym. Evening meal good. No chance of getting in spa after long walk around Windermere shops as full. While waiting to ask about full sign 3 people came out of spa and signed out but instead of consulting signing in sheet attendant went and had a look in declaring it still full. Lovely large upstairs lounge next to restaurant and bar.

• Stayed January 2014
Merseyside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in Dec 2013, for a pre- Xmas treat. This is our fourth visit to the Daffodil in the last 18mths.
The hotel has been refurbished to a high standard and is beautiful. Every time we have been the staff have been, helpful, friendly and accommodating. From initial booking, Nicola was so helpful and give us a upgrade on our room as we were returning guests. On arrival Georgia in Reception was so helpful and the service was exceptional. The hotel is bright and modern in the interior and a breath of fresh air. The facilities in your room was excellent. The toiletries, Molton Brown - Nice! The coffee provided in your room is filter coffee, and great quality. Bedrooms spacious and beds very comfy. We have stayed mainly in the lake view rooms and they are worth every penny, the View of Grasmere is gorgeous, from the Autumn Winter Spring and Summer. The Spa is amazing and great for couples, friends family. The Spa pool is so nice :-)
The staff in the restaurant and bar, so friendly and nothing is to much trouble. The food is Devine!! and the breakfast, fresh plenty of choice and great value in your B&B rate. We have eaten in the evenings on each occasion and we have always been so happy with the service and choice of food. The menu is well thought of and I feel getting better every time we visit.
The hotel is so convenient to Grasmere and few minutes walk to the village, great range of tea shop coffee shops, and all the famous tourist attractions of Grasmere, including Dove Cottage directly opposite the hotel.
Overall we love this hotel and they are making improvements all the time ,to add to this Beautiful Hotel. Cant wait to come back. Everyone should try it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen S
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic time staff accommodating and friendly .. Wouldn't bring our children but for a couples time away was lovely. Highly recommend !!! Massage was lovely spa was clean and very relaxing ! Staff remembered our drinks ordered. The room was lovely clean and spacious and the food was beautiful !!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lancashire
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I stopped with my partner in January for a birthday surprise and wasn't disappoitned. The hotel is immaculate, the staff friendly and bar and food prices good.

I booked a lake view room which was beautiful to wake up overlooking Grasmere just a shame it rained quite a bit! The room itself was spacious airy and spotless and the bed one of the comfiest I have ever slept in. The only slight annoyance were the energy saving lights which are very dim for the first 5 minutes.

We ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night and the food was well cooked and delicious. Thee was also plenty of choice on the breakfast menu.

As I mentioned all the staff were polite and very helpful and I can't speak highly enough of them they really did make the place that bit more special without them being over friendly.

The spa, which would advise to book early was comfy but smaller than I expected. I also think the place could do with a gym given how much it costs per night to stay but that is being picky.

I'm looking forward to go back in the summer to be able to sit by the lake with a pint in the sun relaxing.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We booked this hotel via Secret Escapes it was £170 for 2 nights bed and breakfast in a superior room. We arrived early, so our room wasn't ready, but there was not a problem using the lounge area until it was.
We were given room 219 which was lovely but unfortunately overlooked a run down building, the bin area and air conditioners, we asked for another room and we were given room 319 same view just higher up, we accepted this as the view was slightly better.
The room was large and clean with a massive comfortable bed, there could be more storage but for 2 nights it was adequate. As others have said the lighting could be better.
The bathroom was large and clean with both a bath and separate shower which was very powerful. Molton Brown toileteries, large soft towels but no dressing gowns.
We were very impressed by the breakfast, lots to choose from,fresh fruit,cereal, cooked breakfast,yogurts,toast,croissants,danish pastries, Nothing ran out and the staff were very helpful.
We didn't eat in the restaurant for dinner so cannot comment on the food.
As we were out walking most of the day and the weather wasn't great we did use the spa,which was a thermal pool,sauna and steam room,we didn't have any treatments.
The only complaint I would have was at checkout. We had no bill to pay as we had paid in advance,but I was presented with a bill for £72.00, when I asked what it was for I was told it was for a spa treatment, which I did not have.The receptionist rang down to the spa to sort it out and I was asked to take a seat. The lady came up and spoke to reception about it then disappeared, I was not told what had happened,and I had to ask and was told it was a mistake. I knew that already. So that was a sour end to a pleasant stay.
The hotel is a short walk to Grasmere and across the road to Dove Cottage and a 5-10 minute drive to Ambleside.
I would stay in this hotel again but only with a good deal as the view from the superior rooms are disappointing and therefore I think overpriced, the hotel needs to address this problem.

Room Tip: If you can get a deal a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grasmere
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#1 of 5 in Newby Bridge
Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa
Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa
#3 of 5 in Bassenthwaite

Been to The Daffodil Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!