“Average looking place but staff need to pick it up”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Goody Blake's

Goody Blake's
Ranked #14 of 44 Restaurants in Grasmere
Cuisines: British, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: All our skillets are cooked fresh to order and all desserts are homemade. Skillets can be adapted for those with special dietary requirements. The restaurant takes bookings for evenings only. We are ideal for romantic and special occasion evening meals and remain open until late. Please book early during busy periods to avoid disappointment. Open for both lunch and evening meals.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Average looking place but staff need to pick it up”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We thought this place was just an add on to the back of a shop and it was..........the food and the coffee ect was all fine but the staff although polite and helpfull looked as if they needed to wash there aprons and clothes. I would not eat here again as I think front of house cleaness is an indication of what the kitchens could be like.............smart front of house means smart and clean kitchens

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Fraser66

Durham, United Kingdom
“An excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Friendly, great service and excellent value. Easily accessible from the centre of the village. We were impressed with the standard of food, variety of choice and the wines were reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2014
New York
“Don't get lost. It's in the first little lane on the left coming in from the south.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I think there was a Mountain Shop across the lane.

I was on a coach tour in May and would have missed it if we'd parked in the large coach park. But luckily we parked through town up at the Garden Centre and I could spot it when I was walking. It was half hidden behind the other store's van. The entrance is on the little lane, not main Stock Lane.

I liked the sticky toffee pudding because it was soft and not chewy like some restaurants. The soup was really homemade and delicious. If I'm ever on another coach trip I'll get more soup and sticky toffee pudding (with cream).

• Visited May 2014
Staunton, Virginia
“Uniformly wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I dined here twice and would come again often if I lived nearby. The food was uniformly wonderful. The pork loin had the most marvellously seasoned sauce. Desserts were also excellent. We were served the first evening by the delightful former owner, Louise, who added greatly to the welcoming atmosphere with her unaffected friendliness and charm. The portions were very generous. Goody Blake's is excellent value for money. It is a first-rate restaurant which really deserves to succeed.

I can only assume that whoever wrote the one outlying awful review is either an ill-natured fool or a malevolent rival. Pay him no heed.

• Visited July 2014
South Shields
“Lovely little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My mum and I visited on the last night of our holiday in June. We had eaten accross the road the night before and only noticed Goody Blakes afterwards. We are pleased we did though as we had very enjoyable meal. I had the home made chicken kiev which was lovely as was the home made coleslaw. My mum had the tender loin and she really enjoyed that. Unfortunately we had eaten so much through the week we only managed a main course each as the puddings sounded really nice. We will have to go earlier in the week next year! The staff and chef were lovely, even let us park on their property as mum had left her disabled badges in the cottage.

I just want to mention that we missed the restaurant when we were first looking for a place to eat. The sign on the main road says cafe so we just walked past as with the shop shutters down it appears that it is a day time cafe which is closed. It was very quiet when we were there so maybe others missed it too which is shame.

• Visited June 2014