“Lovely chocolates, friendly staff”

Grasmere Chocolate Cottage
Ranked #11 of 20 things to do in Grasmere
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We are the first set of shops across the road from the main Stock Lane car park. Next door to the post office.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Gillingham, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Lovely chocolates, friendly staff”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Bought some presents for family and ourselves. Good choice and were very tasty.
Staff were very helpful and friendly
Grasmere is a really pretty village well worth a visit.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ocnnllKent

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Choc-ful of choccies!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

During a recent trip, I popped into the wonderful Chocolate Cottage and selected quite a few chocolates from their handmade range. On my return home, I locked myself in a room and ate them! Truly delicious and I look forward to another visit! Well worth a look around for something special that won't break the bank. Too good to share but you could always buy extra for your friends! (that's if they get in quick enough!)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Irene S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Chocolate heaven! ”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

As a self confessed chocoholic, I could not resist the handmade chocolates. Owner was friendly and had little samples out to try out. Bought a little box of handmade chocolates and buttons.

1 Thank littlebeca
London, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A lovely shop”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The owners are lovely and there were samples for us to try too.While we were there they were just filling the chocolate salted caramels which I had to treat myself to,they were delightful.will definitely go back next time we visit the Grasmere

Visited April 2014
2 Thank lorna648
Newcastle upon Tyne
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Amazing chocolates and lovely shop”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'd like to consider myself a bit of a chocolate connoisseur (in that I eat a lot of the stuff!), and the chocs from this shop are amongst the best I've ever had.

What a delightful shop and really friendly owner - he was making chocolates as we looked round the store, which really added to the homemade experience. There's tasters available on the counter - however there's so much choice it's really difficult to decide which to buy!

Highly recommend this shop. Really hope it does well, it really deserves to.

Visited May 2014