Dale Lodge Hotel
  • Pool
Oak Bank Hotel(Grasmere)
Grasmere Hotel(Grasmere)
View Hotel
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa(Grasmere)
View Hotel
All reviewstweedies barhot tubmews roommezzanine flooraccessible roomrange of real aleshotel restaurantbeer gardenlake districton arrivallovely hotellovely groundsmolton brown toiletriesbreakfast was excellentdouble bedample parkingfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed in a Mews room for 3 nights in March for my wifes birthday (good offer of stay two nights and get the third free). Or mews room was very good with a comfortable bed and nice lounge area with a large flat-screen TV, with use of the hot-tub. Excellent powerful shower, with instant hot water. Breakfast in hotel was very good, with the hot breakfast cooked to order. Food and beer in the next-door Tweedies bar is also very good with a great atmosphere.

However we has few minor issues with our room, which were - 1. A light not working in the bathroom above the mirror - asked twice to seperate occasions to two different members of staff - Told on both times it would be sorted, which it wasn't. 2. Big gap round the door of our mews room (room 1) letting in a very cold draft. 3. The heating the mews room did take a long time to get warm. 4. Very poor WIFI in the mews rooms (barely detectable).

Unfortunately for us these small issues made me give the hotel just a 3 out of 5 rating.

Room Tip: Mews rooms are nice, with the added use of the hot-tub
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Laura M, Manager at Dale Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm pleased that overall you were pleased with your stay.

I do apologise about the draft you felt from around the door- I was until now not aware of the issue but thank you for bringing it to my attention, I have now rectified the problem.
Unfortunately the area that we are located is not known for high speed wifi connections. We try our hardest to have wifi available for guests but the matter is out of my control and very weather dependent- I'd like to point out this is throughout the village not just here at Dale Lodge Hotel.
We have had a few comments about the light above the mirror in the Mews Suite- they are working perfectly but I understand are tricky to turn on. instructions are now placed by the light fitting to avoid any future confusion.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have rectified the problems.

Kind Regards,
Gillian Roberts

Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

My partner Antony and I stayed at the Dale Lodge hotel in one of the Mews properties. When we arrived we were greeted by a very welcoming young lady that shown us to our accommodation and explained how the heating works and also explained about breakfast times etc and then left us to settle in. The mews are lovely, spotlessly clean units with a separate downstairs seating/Tv area. The bath is amazing, very deep and plenty of hot water available. We ate out at Tweedies, the food is unbeatable. Tweedies is a must if you visit gradmere. We have stayed at Grasmere 3 times now and the Dale Lodge mews is by far the best. The hot tub on the patio us amazing if not a little overlooked by neighbours. We would definitely recommend it and will stay again

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We have stayed at Dalelodge on a number of occasions and have never had any problems. The staff are always very friendly and welcoming. The hotel itself is lovely and very cosy.
Would recommend it to everyone. Tweedies bar and restaurant is very popular. The choice of real ales in the bar are fantastic whilst the food in the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We returned here for the 4th year and found all the staff and owners very friendly and welcoming as they have been for the previous years. We booked Tweedies bar/restaurant for the 2 nights we stayed. I find the atmosphere really pleasant and warming on cold winters evening and after a couple of drinks we went in for our meal. The portion sizes are generous and we settled for a main course only, the food is wonderful all freshly cooked so it does take a while ....be patient it is worth it. The restaurant was busy for a Monday evening but it generated a nice atmosphere I had the fish a chips a very generous portion good job i did not have a big starter, my wife had the halibut, beautifully cooked and perfectly white (as it should be), she was delighted with her choice. No room for puds!!. The second night I had the Herd wick lamb and my wife had sea bream again lovely food well cooked and well presented. Breakfast on both days was brilliant again freshly cooked to order. We will be returning next year if not before.

Room Tip: We have stayed in room 9 & room 11 both lovely rooms with good views well appointed and decorated
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

we took the plunge and stayed here at short notice after a very disappointing stay across the road.....what a pleasure it was. The staff were lovely the room was very nice and the food in Tweedies was divine.
The only issue was the bathroom was a little tired and the radiators were troublesome.
However would definitely stay here again if only to sit in the lounge chilling with a book a cup of earl grey in front of the wood burner.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple