Dale Lodge Hotel
US$209
US$265
Grasmere Hotel(Grasmere)
Forest Side(Grasmere)
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa(Grasmere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstweedies barhot tubmews roommezzanine flooraccessible roomrange of real aleshotel restaurantbeer gardenlake districton arrivallovely hotellovely groundsmolton brown toiletriesbreakfast was excellentdouble bedample parkingfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My wife and I have just returned from our amazing 3 day stay at Dale Lodge the rooms are clean and spacious and the beds are very comfortable,the breakfast of a morning is amazing they cater for your every-bodies tastes.
Attached to Dale Lodge is Tweedies Bar .................Wow ! Cask Beer and not all the major brands which i don't like i prefer the true small brewers and i wasn't disappointed and the staff were so knowledgeable about beer and history of some of the brewers having had numerous vacations through out the north of England i can fully recommend Dale Lodge and Tweedies Bar to everyone,Every night we dined in the restaurant which is part of Tweedies its excellent value and a mouth watering selection to delight everyone again I must thank all the staff for being so helpful and informative

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 794alexs794
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The good

The hotel looks stunning and is in a commanding spot on the edge of the village centre. We had a great night in Tweedies bar, live music and a selection of real ales. However, our evening meal in the Dale lodge restaurant was a somewhat different affair.

The bad and damn right rude

As we were in a group of 18 we had pre-ordered our meals, but unfortunately we had got 1 wrong, lamb hotpot instead of lamb herdwick. We pointed this out to the waitress and asked if anything could be done. We were met with immediate hostility with the answer "no, its in the oven now, we can't just chuck it in the bin you know". A bit taken aback at the frankness we said we were prepared to pay for it as it was our mistake but surelyvthey could cook the lamb herdwick as well. "No" was the reply "and you're disturbing our other guests which is why we asked for abpre-order". Actually, there was only 1 other couple in the whole place and SHE was the wrong being obnoxious, not us. As 1 of the group had cancelled due to illness, we suggested that we simply have his main after all. It duely came, but was virtually chucked on the table. Then out came the lamb hotpot with the dialogue "who wants this, you might as well eat it as you're paying for it". That was the final straw, the victim of all this left and paid only for his starter.

I need to add we are all professional people, at no time was our friend foul mouthed or abusive, despite the obvious pugnacity ofvthe waitress. In addition, at no point did anyone speak to us and receive an appology for his behaviour and suggest they would be within their rights to call the police. Finally, with her attitude, to the best of my knowledge no one bought her a drink, they'd be more likely to buy her tranquilisers!!!!

Won't ever return, worst customer service ever and instead of an appology from the director, we get excuses based on untruths.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of have a meal in the hotel well I say a meal there was 18 of us and we pre booked the meal but there was a mistake on one of the meals and the young wateress said with no customer service at all basically tuff I had to have what I had ordered I was very disappointed in there attitude I asked to see the manager and they got someone out of the kitchen to come and have a word clearly not a manager who also was very rude so I ended walking out of the hotels restaurant and left the £7.00 cash for the starter and would never ever go in that hotel again I hope this goes directly to the owners of the hotel because the staff will run it into the ground there miserable and rude

Room Tip: Would not bother find another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 113paul
Laura M, Owner at Dale Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for your review I have been waiting for your comments. I am sorry you had an unpleasant experience whilst dining in The Lodge Restaurant. I do not accept any of your comments having spoken to all the members of staff on duty that evening and most of all fellow guests who were in your party who found you to be extremely foul mouthed, abusive to the point where your fellow diners thought we were quite within our rights to either get the police or ask you to leave. You were offered another main course which was not on the pre order which you had. You in fact did see one of the directors who in turn tried to reason with you and you were equally abusive too. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service but under no circumstances do we accept abuse and bad language from guests at any time. You may be pleased to know that your fellow diners came to the bar to buy the hostess in question a drink and to apologise on your behalf.
Yours Faithfully,
Director

Reviewed 11 April 2013

What a fantastic hotel. If you ever want to stay in a class hotel with lovely friendly staff and where the food is just divine, then look no further. They have a restaurant called Tweedies Bar where you can have a first class evening meal. It is very popular as everyone wants the quality, well priced meals, so book early. The staff can never do enough and have a great sense of humor, always cheerful. The added bonus is for advice on the walks. We intended to stay for three nights and are remaining for five. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well maintained with tea, coffee and biscuits and mint chocolates. Downside: NONE We will be back and bringing our friends.

Room Tip: Pre book as they have deals, but we just turned up. We had room 14. This is not the biggest but was just fine en suite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Laura M, Owner at Dale Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Over priced mediocrity. £260 for b &b.c. I spent an age deciding where to come for a special weekend only to be disappointed from the onset. Great location, miserable staff.
Tweedys bar is awesome and without it this review be far worse. Great pub, great atmosphere.
but Deluxe room my backside. Don't be conned. I have been to better b and b's on stag nights in blackpool. So if you want to pay champagne money for flat lemonade, then come to the Dale hotel at Grasmere.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank DILF1967

Hello,

Thank you for your review- I read all the reviews and try where possible to use guests opinions to improve the customer experience for future guests.
I would like to note that £260 is for a 2 night weekend stay- in a standard room. Had you been in a deluxe room the cost of your weekend would have been higher.
I apologise that the room wasn't to your liking. I'm sorry you found the staff to be miserable I am puzzled as we pride ourselves in our customer service.

Kind Regards,