“Great location average rooms”
Review of Dale Lodge Hotel

Dale Lodge Hotel
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Grasmere
Liverpool
“Great location average rooms”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We chose to stay here after enjoying a meal in tweedies bar a few years ago. The downstairs of the hotel is very nice, traditional but cosy with a lovely dining/sitting area. The bedroom on the other hand was poor, very small with gaudy decor and the heat in the room was unbearable. There was a fan but unfortunatly it just blew the hot air around, as the bathroom didn't have a window the problem was made worse. The room just felt tired, with paint chipping around the window and mis-matched furniture. The breakfast on the other hand was very good. Tweedies bar was as we remembered, lots of charm and character, and very good food/drink. To sum up I wouldn't be in a rush to go back at £150 a night i don't think it's worth it.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank LiverpoolGemma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just 5miles out of Ambleside is the picturesque village of Grasmere, the Dale Lodge is just perfect for this area, lovely gardens and comfortable welcoming rooms with big windows that give it lots of light. Our room (7) was very comfortable, we could of spent a week here easily. The pub adjoining the hotel has a fine selection of beers and a great food menu. My only niggle about the place is the wine......over £20 for the cheapest house wine........but it's not just here, the area is a little expensive but these lovely places have to be maintained and it costs to keep up standards. Would I go back......yes.

Room Tip: Apparently the music from the pub can be a little loud and some have complained about it, why not ju...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We quite simply love coming here. I have been a regular visitor to the Lake District since 1978 and I found the Dale Lodge by accident a few years ago and try to visit a couple of times a year. I have never had a complaint to make about the rooms, the service or the food all have always been excellent. It's handy for our walks and the hotel accommodates our large Rhodesian Ridgeback dog without fuss. We are always made so welcome especially when we brought my Mother on her 'bucket list' visit of final places she wanted to see. Hopefully visiting again in late summer 2014. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ian e
Uppermill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staff extremely helpful and courteous. All parts of hotel were very clean. Only stayed one night and ate in Tweedies Bar, food is freshly prepared and of a high standard and more importantly tasted good. About the room - well the bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows, very clean, very quiet at back of hotel (but no WIFI as stated) but I've never come across a bathroom so small which on the whole was slightly disappointing, I know we don't spend a lot of time in the bathroom but it's quite a struggle getting in and out of the shower especially for my hubby who is 6'1" apart from this all was good.

Room Tip: When booking just ask for a room with a bathroom bigger than a closet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this stay a few months ago as I knew we needed something to lift us from a stressful 6months at work.. I liked what I'd read & booked us into The Mews Suite thinking they sounded a great idea. I wasn't wrong. Lovely to be away from the main hotel yet still being looked after by staff. My only issue is how small they are? I knew about the low ceilings as it tells you b4 you book, but as I'm 5'4 & my partners 5'9 I really didnt expect it to be an issue, it was. I sleep on the left side anyway so happily slept on the lower ceiling side..wrong. Banged my head getting in, banged it getting up.. So be aware that you need to be bent most of the time while walking around the bed!! Top of the stairs is fine. The bathroom was lovely but its downstairs something I'll never get used to. Saying that we have really enjoyed our stay. Private parking for Mews guests & delicious breakfast can be delivered to your suite for a small fee which I dont think we even got charged for? The Resturant/Tweedys has the best chips ever & the grounds are lovely, Despite midges having a nibble.. Friendly staff, friendly rabbits on the lawn area, not so friendly aged black lab, (growled/snarled at my partner who was only trying to get by). Def think we'll return but perhaps in a main room as the bathrooms are en suite & we wont be banging heads on ceilings... :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

A hotel with a view surrounded by hills and mountains. Set in picture perfect village with great staff excellent food. Special thanks to Craig and the owners for arranging everything.Will be back hopefully for our Anniversary.

• Stayed June 2014
durham england
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

From the second we arrived and greeted by Craig till the moment we left we had a most amazing time. We arrived for our friends weddings. The wedding was so well coordinated. The food was 5 star. The staff all of them were fantastic. The registrar gave such a wonderful service. The bride herself was treated like royalty. The room was changed 4 times. The wedding ceremony. The meal. The disco and breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a wedding. Could not find one fault with this hotel x THANKYOU all for making our stay so nice. Just to say we stated in the mews and at midnight in the hot tub with a glass of champagne watching the stars x

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends