Free cancellation until 21/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$328
US$318
Hotels.com
YHA Grasmere Butharlyp Howe(Grasmere)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$90
US$78
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspa bathhot tubunderfloor heatingcumberland sausagemediterranean stylebose sound systemdvd librarycrostinifull englishboiled eggssuperior roomhand washtop floorhomemade breadbuffet breakfastlounge areajumble room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came here for 1 night for our honeymoon. We had the room with the hottub it was lovely, great size room with a lovely sitting area, as well as the outdoor patio area. Bathroom was large with a spa bath as well. Bed was huge & very comfy.
Location of the hotel is excellent & has parking on site.
Breakfast was different but good, buffett served in the kitchen which you have in the lounge or in our case we had it on our patio which was lovely.
Staff were friendly as well.
We would come back here without a doubt.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

This is our second stay at Mossgrove, first time was perfect and this time was just as good. The hotel is wonderful. Our room was huge, spotlessly clean, a very comfy and large bed. with a great bathroom with spa bath and separate shower. To our delight we were shown our own private hot tub and outside seating. We were very cordially greeted by Nigel, who made our dog very welcome too. The breakfasts are amazing, we are vegetarian and dairy free and found loads of lovely stuff to eat. Freshly made fruit salad, with pots filled with nuts, seeds and and dried fruit to make yourself a perfect museli. Homemade bread and homemade marmalade. There is plenty for omnivores too. We loved the relaxed, self service with John, the owner, on hand if there is anything else you need. I can't praise this place highly enough, it is a true delight. We are looking forward to our next trip already.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying most would give this 5* but I'm picky ‍♂️. So we had the suite with the hot tub and we were only there for the 1 night.

Good points, lovely comfortable and large bed, lots of space in the room, felt quite modern, hot tub was amazing, shower was hot and powerful, WiFi worked well, breakfast was varied and tasty, owners were very friendly and helpful, offered lots of advice when checking in.

Downside was that this is an expensive room (Saturday night, unsure other days) it's located next to reception and the front door so if anyone comes in late (entitled to do as they're on holiday) or staff are milling around reception/the kitchen then voices are very easily heard and doesn't feel very private, which considering to me, it's a romantic room and privacy would be welcomed. We had gone to bed earlyish and were awoken a couple of times by guests coming in being noisy, I can't criticise guests as they're on holiday having fun.

I'd love to give this place 5* and I'm guessing if I was in a different room I would have but if you're in the hot tub room having paid well north of £200 I'd expect more privacy.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My wife & I stayed here 3 nights in May and had a wonderful stay. We had a slight hiccup at the start when I found a pair of ladies knickers in clothes storage area, presumably left by the last guest. Informed staff who removed them straight away. The best part of this stay was the breakfast, probably the best breakfast we have ever had in a hotel. The breakfast room could probably do with more proper dining tables rather than coffee tables which were a bit low to be eating comfortably from. We had room 8 which was on the second floor, probably part of a loft conversion as the ceiling was angled with roof beams. This wasn't a problem as I am 6ft and it caused no issues. Room is tastefully decorated with a large bed. bathroom was lovely with spa bath & shower to cater for those who like the option. Heated floor and towel rails, though the weather was brilliant so we didn't need either of these but it was a nice luxurious touch.
I would definitely recommend you chose this hotel to stay in Grasmere, parking can be tight if the hotel is fully booked.

Room Tip: probably first floor rooms may be the best, but I'm guessing.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Loved: The mattress, quite possibly the best i’ve ever slept on in a hotel. The room and balcony. Room very clean. The home-made short bread in the room - superb. The breakfast - lots of it with great variety.

Unusual: Having to go into the kitchen to get breakfast.

Liked less: Having to sign into a register which is public to everyone who signs in - given that GDPR cones into effect on May 25th when this becomes illegal, I would have thought this practice would have been discontinued by now. I really don’t need everyone to know my name and home address. Get guests to sign in on a private card, please, and lock that card away.

Really didn’t like: Getting no offer of help from the staff with my bags going up the stairs. The conditioner - i thought maybe someone had played a joke on the bottle in our room because my hair has never felt more like straw than after using the house brand of conditioner, but my friend in the next room said the same.

Should not have experienced: The staff complaining about changes to hotel policies to the guests. We really don’t want to hear it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple