I recently decided to "pop the question" to my gorgeous girlfriend. As you can imagine, I wanted to find somewhere romantic and special where we could return for years to come (so long as i got the answer i was looking for).....! Having spent some time researching, and on the basis of the reviews on tripadvisor, i decided to give the Harwood a call and from moment one i knew this was the place, and it truly lived up at and exceeded expectations.
First of all, before we had even arrived, Heidi, the hotels owner, was so helpful and accomodating I cannot thank her enough. She arranged everything from flowers and champagne to be placed in the room upon our return from a picnic during which I had planned to ask the all important question, to the heart shaped tubs of marmite on the breakfast table (my now fiancee cant cope without her marmite on toast)!!
The hotel staff, who had all been made aware of my plans were wonderfully discreet as to not give the game away and it was not until we arrived in a the local (and wonderful) italian restaurant in the evening, and visual confirmation that she was wearing the ring was made, that we were approached by Heidi (who had recommended and made the booking) and the restaurant staff to offer their congratulations. It was such a friendly and personal setting that Heidi had arranged, and I am very grateful indeed.
We stayed in Room 1, and as someone who spends many nights in hotels, this was really something special. It was beautifully decorated, so much so that I had to prize my wife-to-be out without her trying to take the furniture with her. Its more like staying in the spare room of your best friends country cottage than in a hotel, and the friendly staff add to that feel. We are also looking into putting a TV in our bathroom as watching saturday night TV whilst soaking in the bath is a new found luxury I cannot live without now!
As it happened, due to the Lake District weather (which i did ask but Heidi couldnt arrange) my plans for the proposal over the picnic had to be quickly rethought, but the room was so beautiful and romantic, that it made the perfect setting.
Breakfast was - and this is coming from a big fella that likes a hearty feed - TREMENDOUS! A fry up to match any!
I personally cannot recomend Heidi's lovely hotel, especially you fella's thinking of proposing!!!
A thousand thanks to Heidi and her team for making the weekend so very special - and we'll be seeing you next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious bed & breakfast accommodation in the heart of Grasmere. Fabulous en-suite rooms with stunning views. Beautiful furniture & furnishings. Guest lounge. Car parking. Traditional Cumbrian breakfast. A real romantic retreat where a warm welcome awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Heidi's Grasmere Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heidi`s Grasmere Hotel Grasmere
- Heidi's Grasmere Lodge Lake District