We had booked in advance to ensure we had a table on Saturday night. The evening started well with a warm welcome and a great Prosecco cocktail. The menu was as eclectic as ever. Our starters were delicious. For mains we ordered the Dichoise chicken and a steak. When the chicken arrived the smell was fantastic. The first couple of mouthfuls were delicious. I then decided to try a piece with the almond stuffing, it seemed quite a strong flavour. While eating my next mouthful I had what I can only describe as a taste explosion in my mouth. I drank some water but my mouth was almost burning and my tongue felt numb. After a couple more mouthfuls of water I tried another piece of chicken but I really couldn't taste it, nor my glass of wine. I discreetly called the waiter over explained what had happened and said I could not eat anymore. He asked what he could do. At that moment in time I just wanted water to try and get rid of this very bitter taste in my mouth. I left the rest of the plate of the food. Apart from the beans most of the rest of the meal was left. My husband made clear he was very happy with his steak. We were very surprised when we received our bill to find no reduction had been made. I queried this with the restaurant manager who explained I should have sent the food back and made a complaint. I explained I had complained and had not eaten the rest of the meal. He said he had not seen the plate. I said the waiter certainly saw it. He then said that over 20 portions of the same dish had been served without problem. I said that was irrelevant I was sharing my experience. He also said he did not have authority to give discounts only the owner who was not present could do that. We paid begrudgingly on the basis that the owner who we had met in the past would contact us. He has not. I feel the Restaurant Manager did not treat me with respect and listen fully to my complaint. Nor did he investigate the matter with the waiter or kitchen staff. Overall, what we thought was an unfortunate accident in the kitchen, ended becoming a very unpleasant experience and ruined our evening. We will not be returning for a tenth visit,
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.