“Excellent”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I'm sat in the Sun Inn right now we arrived last night and we are staying until tomorrow. Only one thing to say. The Sun Inn is absolutely bloody marvelous we think it's a brilliant place. Great food great beer great staff.

1  Thank Cargo96
There are newer reviews for Sun Inn Restaurant

Reviewed 2 July 2014

A pub recommended by our hosts at The Ivy Guest Hotel was a great choice. On a quiet Monday night, the staff were fantastic and the food was absolutely superb. A great atmosphere and the perfect place to relax with great food and drink.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The menu sounded good so ate here last Monday with my daughter. I ordered mullet with seafood pilau rice. The fish was overcooked and had been cooked in oil that something had been burnt in previously by the look of it, ie covered in little black specks. The rice tasted nice but had overcooked, rubbery pieces of squid in it - not pleasant. My daughter's meal was better however and our desserts - orange and cointreau creme brulee - were very nice. I'm not sure if the beer is kept well though as we had a beer that we'd had in another pub the night before and it definitely tasted much better there. When we queried this we were told there was nothing wrong with it! I don't think I'd eat there again, especially as the bill was over £51 - wouldn't have minded if the meal had been really good.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very friendly staff, good service and the food was better than expected.

That sounds mean, but I only mean that from the outside this pub lacks kerb appeal as they've kind of hidden it behind a big marquee which is definitely good when it rains but it doesn't help entice you in.

I had a prawn cocktail starter which was huge and came with some yummy bread and hubby had Cajun chicken which had been cooked beautifully - it was so moist and tender!

Wine was great and it was all very reasonable.

We'd have loved to go back for dinner one night but didn't have enough nights!

1  Thank Jo A
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Dog friendly pub with friendly staff, good service and a varied menu, the food was really nice, we both had pasta and the pub has a nice outside covered dining area.