We stayed overnight at the old schoolhouse last Friday and I must say what a fantastic night it was. Sarah and David made us feel very welcome and spoiled us with coffee and homemade cakes and biscuits as soon as we arrived which was much appreciated. We discussed old family connections with the place and found it very interesting from both sides. Very clean and comfortable rooms. We would recommend the old schoolhouse to anyone. It surely is a joy to stay there and must be one of the best B + B in the land. Thanks again till the next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic property within 2 minutes walk of the centre of Hawkshead. The house was the former home of Wordsworth's head master and retains many original features. The back of the house dates from the Tudor period. Come and stay in this historic house which has been lovinngly renovated to ensure our guests have all the comforts of the 21st century.Beautiful garden, parking, a secure garage for cycles, free wi-fi. Complimentary afternoon tea and cake. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Old School House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old School House Hotel Hawkshead
- The Old School House Hawkshead, Lake District