We stayed there Friday and Saturday night of the August Bank Holiday weekend and we must say it was excellent. Tea and cakes on arrival was a very welcome touch. Breakfast is cooked freshly for each guest and the use of the linen room to dry out our walking gear was a great bonus. Sarah and David deserve to do well in their venture as nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. We look forward to using them again the next time we stay in the Lake District. Stephen & Christine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic property within 2 minutes walk of the centre of Hawkshead. The house was the former home of Wordsworth's head master and retains many original features. The back of the house dates from the Tudor period. Come and stay in this historic house which has been lovinngly renovated to ensure our guests have all the comforts of the 21st century.Beautiful garden, parking, a secure garage for cycles, free wi-fi. Complimentary afternoon tea and cake. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Old School House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old School House Hotel Hawkshead
- The Old School House Hawkshead, Lake District