My 12 year old son and I stayed at The old School House in Hawkshead for four nights. We are regular walkers and stay in different parts of the UK to go mountain trekking every year. The Old School House is ,without doubt, the best B&B we have stayed in over the last four years. Not only is the accommodation excellent, the welcome, care and approach of Sarah and David the owners is fantastic. The quality and quantity of breakfast (I am a veggie) is really high, as is the number of cakes and cusps of tea provided by David whenever we returned from a day out.
Would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic property within 2 minutes walk of the centre of Hawkshead. The house was the former home of Wordsworth's head master and retains many original features. The back of the house dates from the Tudor period. Come and stay in this historic house which has been lovinngly renovated to ensure our guests have all the comforts of the 21st century.Beautiful garden, parking, a secure garage for cycles, free wi-fi. Complimentary afternoon tea and cake. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Old School House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old School House Hotel Hawkshead
- The Old School House Hawkshead, Lake District