We recently spent 3 nights at The Old School House and had a wonderful time. The house is full of character and we found it to be very comfortable. David made us feel at home and after showing us to our room, he provided us with tea and cakes, which were very welcome. He was a knowledge of local information which was very useful and there were maps available to use. The location couldn't have been better, jut two minute walk from the village. We would recommend The Kings Arms for food. There was about 30 mins wait for mains but it was well worth it. There were lots of little extras such as a glass of Sherry/Baileys before going out in the evening and games and DVDs to use. We were even invited to their weekly coffee and cake morning in the garden. Breakfast was made by David and started with a choice of cereals, fresh fruit and yoghurt. This was followed by a full English breakfast. It certainly set you up for the day. A very enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic property within 2 minutes walk of the centre of Hawkshead. The house was the former home of Wordsworth's head master and retains many original features. The back of the house dates from the Tudor period. Come and stay in this historic house which has been lovinngly renovated to ensure our guests have all the comforts of the 21st century.Beautiful garden, parking, a secure garage for cycles, free wi-fi. Complimentary afternoon tea and cake. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Old School House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old School House Hotel Hawkshead
- The Old School House Hawkshead, Lake District