“nice cakes, good portion and price, but service could be better”
Review of Minstrels Gallery

Minstrels Gallery
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Hawkshead
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Delicious cakes with a good homemade taste, and the sticky toffee pudding portion is massive.- Nice scones - Even one scone with cream and jam is served on a 3 tier stand. Large range of teas. Prices are reasonable - just under £3 for a cuppa. My only problem is the service could have been smiley.

There are newer reviews for Minstrels Gallery

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Had high expectations as we had visited this tearoom a couple of years ago & had enjoyed a superb cream tea. I remember though we had to wait until a table became free then.
This time around the owner/manager lady told us rather abruptly, on entering, that there would be a 30 minute wait. As we looked around we noticed that all the tables (and there aren't very many) all had reserved signs on them. I then asked if we could reserve a table for 30 mins time to which she said actually it would be 45 mins!! Make up your mind. ..which it is 30 or 45 I thought. Do you want business or not? Clearly not. So we went elsewhere - to a lovely tearoom (Grandy Nooks) where we got a warm welcome and delicious cakes & tea. We won't bother again with Minstrels - Grandy Nooks knocks spots off it.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We had the best cappuccino in the Lake District with an excellent sandwich and a lovely cream scone served on it's own three tiered cake stand. The Minstrel's Gallery has undergone a change since my last visit to Hawkshead and I thought it was excellent. Some tables were reserved as the place is quite small and I guessed these were for the local residents as they would know how good the place is and not want to be deprived of their daily treat. I know I would reserve a table next time just to make sure I wasn't disappointed by the place being full