We booked at the last minute having tried over 30 other establishments. We didn't have high expectations and was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. There was a warm welcome, the owner was pleased to provide information about the local village and the room had everything we required.
We had a very comfortable stay and the breakfast was fantastic. Hawkshead village centre is literally footsteps away and the property was easy to find.
The bathroom was a little on the small side but perfectly practical for a short stay and typical of this style of accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merlin House is in the beautiful, ancient village of Hawkshead - world famous for its Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth connections. Situated in the Esthwaite Valley, Hawkshead is the perfect centre for whatever type of lakeland holiday you wish to enjoy. Esthwaite Lake is nearby with its organic fishery is a paradise for both the trout and pike fisherman. Tackle and boats can be hired on site. Merlin house is on the northern edge of the village and all three of our letting rooms overlook open fields to Latterbarrow. We have two doubles and one twin/family rooms, all are en suite with colour televisions and hospitality trays for our guests, each room also has a mini fridge. There is ample car parking in the garden, a rare feature in the village! And we are completely Non smoking. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Merlin House Bed And Breakfast
- Merlin House Hotel Hawkshead
- Merlin House Bed & Breakfast Hawkshead, Lake District