We stayed 2 nights while attending a wedding nearby and could not have wished for a better place. The owners are very friendly and helpful, the room was lovely and the breakfast was great - just the thing for a fuzzy head after celebrating!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merlin House is in the beautiful, ancient village of Hawkshead - world famous for its Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth connections. Situated in the Esthwaite Valley, Hawkshead is the perfect centre for whatever type of lakeland holiday you wish to enjoy. Esthwaite Lake is nearby with its organic fishery is a paradise for both the trout and pike fisherman. Tackle and boats can be hired on site. Merlin house is on the northern edge of the village and all three of our letting rooms overlook open fields to Latterbarrow. We have two doubles and one twin/family rooms, all are en suite with colour televisions and hospitality trays for our guests, each room also has a mini fridge. There is ample car parking in the garden, a rare feature in the village! And we are completely Non smoking. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Merlin House Hotel Hawkshead
- Merlin House Bed And Breakfast
- Merlin House Bed & Breakfast Hawkshead, Lake District