“Our special place for lovely food,great service and happy times.”
Review of The Moon Highgate

The Moon Highgate
Ranked #2 of 155 Restaurants in Kendal
Price range: US$8 - US$56
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Every time we visit Kendal we have a meal at the New Moon.The food is lovely,the service great especially Yvonne and we always have a really good night.It is very reasonable priced and it has a very relaxed and happy atmosphere.Will visit again in the Autumn and I am looking forward to it already.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had an early evening dinner for two of us. It was my partner's birthday and they were aware of this. I was disappointed that they did not treat her to a free birthday drink. Perhaps I was expecting too much but in previous years wherever we have been, either a drink or small dessert with a candle has been offered.
As for the meal itself, it was not to my liking. My partner felt her starter was rather meagre and the sea bass main was overcooked. She only left full because she ate my meal. My starter of smoked mackerel mousse however was beautiful but only a small spoonful of it. My goats cheese main was rather solid and heavy instead of melting as per menu description.
The atmosphere, well it was early evening but what atmosphere? Until others came for a meal we felt we were unable to have a conversation as the staff were party to it.
We have heard from friends that they have enjoyed their food there, so this is a review of my opinion only.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Relaxed, good quality restaurant with attentive service. The menu options were very good and food excellent.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I have frequented New Moon for years and felt it deserved another great review.
Their menu is outstanding, with perfect sized portions and a lovely atmosphere for either couples or families..
Highly recommend to anybody passing through the lakes.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Took the chance on a Saturday night as we had no reservation. They were able to squeeze in two of us. The food was excellent, if a little slow to arrive. I had the lamb which was lovely and sweet and tender. I followed it with sticky toffee pudding which was just perfect. The staff were friendly and attentive, including telling us we were not forgotten while we were waiting for our order.
When the bill came we were pleasantly surprised.