“Shelleys birthday treat”

The Moon Highgate
Ranked #2 of 155 Restaurants in Kendal
Price range: US$8 - US$54
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Shelley and I were taken out by her daughter Suzanne to the New Moon to celebrate Shelleys recent birthday. The staff were very welcoming when we entered the restaurant and we were quickly shown to our table upstairs. A nice bright, open room with original floorboards, paintings for sale displayed on the wall (a bit too expensive for me) and for the winter months. a lovely fire built into the central pillar.
We went for the early bird menu at £13.50 for 2 courses and we all thoroughly enjoyed our choices. I had the crispy squid rings followed by the venison meatballs and herb mash. The squid was good but the venison and herb mash..... absolutely gorgeous and highly recommended. My favorite pud was on the sweet menu, sticky toffee pudding with ice cream, so that was a no brainer as far as i was concerned. And after all this, a little surprise for Shelley.
I'm not normally one for fancy food in a smart restaurant but i have to say this was very enjoyable indeed and excellent value. A lovely little restaurant, nice decor, great service and fantastic food. Will definitely be going again.

There are newer reviews for The Moon Highgate

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Having visited a while back and vowing never to go again, a friend and I reluctantly visited after an early evening film at The Brewery after finding we couldn't get in anywhere else. I'm so glad we did, friendly, helpful but not intrusive staff, fabulous food, extensive wine list and some brilliant cocktails. Not hen cheapest place in town but worth every penny, so much so we are hoping to go back next week. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you are in Kendal this place is a must go venue for excellant star quality food and ohh dont forget to try the lamb here, it was the best we had for some time。My wife and me are on a small time out in Lake District and we are literaly writing this review on the dining table, it was that good and we did feel its unfair not to !

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Lovely service, great food. Dine here regularly. We are locals so know all local ones and The Moon is one of the best.

1  Thank Jayne2087
Reviewed 7 July 2014

we went for the earlybird menu (2 courses for £13.50 pp) and enjoyed our choices. Squid & Hummus for starters,and we both had the Sea Bass for main. The staff were very welcoming & friendly. Would go again.